Saturday, January 2, 2016

Still Here, Still Knitting

Bit of a bump in our New Year's celebration here on the farm. Turns out nice wine comes in bottles with a cork. Not good in a home with no corkscrew. I know we could have poked it through, but I didn't want to deal with cork floaties.

So instead, armed with a new corkscrew, we drank out the first day of the new year.

I have been working on my navy tweed vest. Because it is so dark, most of my work has needed to be done earlier in the day. I am just a few rows from the end of waist shaping on the back and then clear sailing to armhole shaping. Still worrying if I have enough yarn, I am seriously considering using a contrast tan or khaki color to match the tweed flecks for the arm, neck and front bands. Then I could perhaps add contrast patch pockets, for a colorblock look.

And did I mention the Hitchhiker scarf/shawl I started. It is so addictive. I am using some natural color millends yarn from Stonehenge Mills. It is DK weight wool and I have 500 yards to work with. All garter stitch makes it easy. I am thinking about making another with the sparkly yarn I bought with my Christmas present purchased yarn. If so I will do the eyelet row option once every repeat.

I have completed 5 more teeth on the far side. That will make one one side edge. The cast off will be the third and shortest side. It will be an asymmetrical triangle as shown, just much bigger.

I may do a picot bind off, when I get that far, just for fun. I always need to make some change to the pattern.

And this coming week will be the end of the 2015 Lions Scoreboard Cowl. Tomorrow is the last game and when I finish knitting this week's score, I can finish up and join the ends.

And see just how huge it actually is.

No comments: