Sunday, January 24, 2016

From the Bottom of the Basket

I reached down into the bottom of my knitting basket for this one. I had set it aside because, while it was easy and brainless work, I needed to keep track of the number of stitches. Counting this many stitches is not easy at Knit Nite. Too much talking going on.

I counted off 100 stitches, then another group of twenty, setting them off with my trusty stitch markers. From there it was much easier to keep track of the remaining stitches until I reached the magic number of 144 stitches.

This will be the center square of the baby hap shawl. Now I need to decrease each row until I get down to two stitches. Then I start the lace rows, knit around the outside of the square. The feather and fan rows will be in multiple colors, with an emphasis on purple.

But until then, it's brainless knitting again.

No comments: