Friday, January 8, 2016

Resolutions, Finally

Now that is a week into the New Year, I have thought about at least my knitting goals for 2016.

  1. I would like to finish my most active WIPs. Namely the Navy Tweed Vest, the Lilac Cardigan (before a certain purple princess outgrows size 12 months), my Stonehenge Hitchhiker Shawl (shown above before the last half skein was knitted), Sandy's Traveling Woman shawl (before July), the Rustic Blue Silk Triangle, and the Baby Hap Shawl (also for the purple princess).
  2. Knit at least one cardigan for me, maybe two. I want to use the Fabjous Yarns fingering weight in Plum Cake that has been in the stash for over a year for one sweater. And I would like to make another out of some of my homespun. I have enough white, light gray, and dark gray Shetland, or some white mixed Leister crossed from a fleece I got a while back, and also I believe I have enough Jacob with all the colors blended together. Multiple choices there.
  3. Socks, I need more socks. To that end I signed up for a free Craftsy knit along. Of course I did buy the yarn recommended. It's in the mail now. I need to work at getting them to fit better again.
  4. Finish more of my other Craftsy classes.

Of course while these are noble goals for the year, I did accidently cast on something new yesterday. More on that tomorrow. When will I ever learn? At least the Scoreboard Cowl is finished.

Now let's see how well I do with these goals.

No comments: