Thursday, January 14, 2016

Reading and Knitting

With all the knitting going on here, you would think that is all I have been doing in my spare time. But that isn't so. I have been doing a fair amount of reading too. And even discovered podcasts!

One of my fiber friends posted something on Facebook around the first of the year with a link to a blog called Modern Mrs. Darcy. It was a list of books. I can't remember if they were must reads, or favorite reads or what. I went to the link and was fascinated by the website. As a result, I signed up for the newsletter and am following the blog. And I started a reading journal. In addition to the knitting, I am tracking my reading.

It is very interesting. I am on the verge of finishing my journey through the Mrs. Marple novels on my Nook and Kindle apps. Just one more after the one I'm on now. I am on the third book in another historical mystery series, the Lady Darby series by Anna Lee Huber, and recently read another e-book in the Hildegarde Withers mystery series. I picked that one based on an old movie I had seen based on the book: The Penguin Pool Mystery. And I have already found another series I want to read, the Maisie Dobbs series.

You would think that would cut back on my knitting time, but actually not. That is why I love e-books. I can prop up my tablet and read merrily along while knitting up a storm.

If you love to read, and write, I do recommend e-books as well as keeping a reading journal. I even broke down and bought a copy for my kindle app of that stupid book I lost back in December. And no, the original book still hasn't turned up.

Oh yes, I started another slipper yesterday, and am over half way through the first one, thanks to reading and knitting.

 

No comments: