Monday, October 20, 2014

Button Day

So far there hasn't been a lot of knitting today.
None actually.  But as soon as I am done here, I plan to rectify that.
I went for groceries, and even ordered some Christmas presents online this evening. While in town getting groceries, I made a button stop.  I forgot to bring the small ball left from one skein of my Blue Blood Red yarn.  So I had to guess.  I didn't really want red buttons, unless I found some I loved that would work.  But I was thinking black, gray, pewter or white.
This is what I ended up with.
Please excuse the glare from the white.  The evening shot with flash and the white backing caused a bit of a blur.  But I like what I came home with.  Not sure if the red will work.  They seem to have a bit of orange tinge, compared to the sweater, but I am sure I can use them in the future.  The gray are a soft gray, almost a pewter color.  There were some nice pewter ones, but they either too big, or not enough of them left.  I do like the white.  They are harder to see, on the white background and causing the glare.  But they are an off-white, with a wonky off kilter square shape.  I kind of like them.  I am leaning to the white, unless I go out and find some pewter ones I like.
Which I just might do.  These are buttons that could go with much of the yarn I have stashed right now.

No comments: