Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Snow, Glorious Snow

Let it snow! Yes I know that not all people love this winter weather. And I do try not to complain when they delight in hot humid 90degree summer days while I wilt. But, ahhhhh, winter!
We got dumped on yesterday, and while, thank the Lord, we managed to avoid the freezing rain and confined ourselves to mainly snow with a little sleet, it is a wonderful white landscape out there. Unfortunately since I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark, I have been unable to get pictures. But with the heavy wet snow clinging to the south and west sides of the trees, it is truly magnificent out there.
Hubby had the drive all plowed when I got home. I even got home early, as I left an hour early to have daylight on my commute. (All of 7 miles!) The half hour lunches are a small price to pay for being able to actually see the roads. Since my vestry meeting was canceled, and I bailed out of trying to go to the knit night party, I napped and knit at home. I started and then tinked the first sleeve of the cherry festival sweater. Reading the directions carefully before going too far is always a good thing. And good old Elizabeth Zimmerman’s pattern is very succinct. Anyway, maybe I can finish that sleeve tonight and then I will post an in-progress picture of it.
And I guess maybe I better get going on Hubby’s wool snow-plowing socks that I promised him. Those boots aren’t very warm that he wears.

No comments: