Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm Back!!

Oh my, it is totally unfair to take a beginning blogger and then cut off access to the web.

Last Friday morning as I mentioned we had snow. And of course there were the usual idiots who had forgotten how to drive in the snow, especially on our unsalted, highly polished country roads. One of these unenlightened individuals missed the stop sign at the intersection a half mile down the road. Luckily there was no traffic, but unfortunately for him there was also no more road, as his road ended at the T. Whoever this ice skater was, he plowed through a sign and managed to clip the telephone pedestal, the box with all the wires for the various lines in the neighborhood. We have been with out phone service from Friday morning until Monday afternoon.

For a girl working with dial up, it was torture, knowing my blog was just sitting there out of reach.

I did get a lot of knitting done though. finished back and both sides of the bordered vest. And while watching an old Jimmy Stewart movie last night "The Shop Around the Corner" picked up stitches and started the front border. I want to see if I can find a large button tomorrow at knit nite that will go with it Here is an "in progress" photo.

And I even have 1 1/3 skeins or so left. Then on to the next project, another sweater and blankie for neichew. Maybe I will think to get pictures this time

No comments: