Thursday, February 4, 2016

Wishing For Snow, Wishing For Wool

Ahh, the good old days. This was about this time of year, back in 2011. Look at all that wonderful snow! We had to call out Older Son with the big guns to plow us out that year.

Hubby was supervising the operation. Wonderful snowy memories. All we have now is a skim of snow over the now frozen slop and slush.

At home and on the knitting front currently, I am bouncing around from project to project. I worked on the rustic silk shawl last night, only a couple rows. This afternoon and evening I have been working on my Navy Tweed Vest. I have started the armhole shaping so am closing in on finishing the back. But I don't think I want to start one of the front sides on that right away. I also grabbed my Smocked Brown Cow Socks briefly to work on.

I am waiting for my "unyarn" to arrive from Iceland so I can participate in Mason Dixon Knitting's "Bang Out a Sweater" Knit-a-Long. I will be just getting started as already people are finishing. It is supposed to be a fast knit. But I will need plenty of time to swatch, wash and dry my unspun yarn. From what I hear the bloom of the yarn changes the gauge drastically after washing. Swatching isn't bad. It is waiting for it to dry that drives me bonkers.

And with Spin Guild on Monday, I foresee lots of fiber coming my way.

 

No comments: