Thursday, February 11, 2016

Freyja Fun

After the cast on woes with the persistent twist was solved the Freyja has been banging right along.

I feel rather excited to know that Ann, from Mason Dixon Knitting, not only got her yarn from Reykjavik like I did, but she also got the same Winter Blue Heather. Our two sweaters will be siblings! My cardigan has grown slowly. As I am using 4.5 stitches per inch on size 6 needles for my sweater, and she is using the pattern with 3.25 stitches per inch, on size 10.5. If she hasn't passed me yet, she soon will.

As you can see here, I have almost two inches completed. The back is even longer, with two sets of short rows, and another yet to come. I hope the crocheted edging will help keep this edge from curling. So far this has been plain knitting, for a few more inches until the waist shaping starts.

I am having fun knitting this. I am just putting the color work part out of my mind for a while. It's a whole body and pair of sleeves away. Then will come the dreaded crocheting.

No comments: