Monday, November 14, 2011

What? No Glamour Shot?

My friends laugh at what I call the glamour shot of every project. If it is for me, I try to have one taken with me modeling it. Or perhaps the recipient, if a gift or custom project.
I was rather surprised to realize then, that I had neglected to post a glamour shot of my last Finished Object. Maggie's cardigan. I love the glass buttons. The color doesn't show well here, but they are faintly pink, which is greatly enhanced by the color picked up from the sweater.
And since I did end up with extra yarn, after I bought another skein, behold.....booties. I used a pattern from Knit One, Knit All, Elizabeth Zimmermann's new book. I made a 3 stitch i-cord for the drawstring ties. I hope she gets lots of wear out of them.
After posting yesterday about needing to consult with Evelyn about the lace repeats, she answered all my questions. I am going to continue the lace for at least one more repeat, to be followed with some more garter.
So....I better get off the internet and start knitting!

No comments: