Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Another One Off the Needles

True to my word, I finished Evelyn's faroese shawl. This warm alpaca shawl was so easy and a great travel project. I may have to break into my cone stash to make one of my own. I only have a half dozen or so cones of fingering, lace and sports weight yarn .
Here is the back shot, graciously modeled by my Gertrude. I tried it on as well and it is a wonderful generous fit. Skinny Evelyn will be able to wrap herself up int it.
This is hot off the needles in these pictures, and unblocked. In this state the edge looks a bit ruffley. I think blocking will help.
This front shot helps you see how the shaping helps it hang on the shoulders. I really love it. If you don't like ruffles Evelyn, I do.
The back measures 27 inches before blocking. I haven't measured the wing span, but it looks ample.

No comments: