Friday, November 25, 2011

The Pale Blue Blob

I mentioned yesterday farmhouse main knitting focus is now my blue Henley tee.  The yarn is a pale blue cotton/alpaca/polyamide blend called Artesanal.  A pricey yarn that I scored off the sale shelves.  (Love the close-out shelves.)  I am about 6 rows from dividing for the sleeves.  And gauge is telling me it should  fit fine.
Even though this is supposed to have elbow length sleeves, I am considering this winter wear.  After all, alpaca is warmer than wool, and even with the 40% cotton content, I am afraid it will be to much for my high personal thermostat.  I hope to be wearing before spring.
Being so close to putting the sleeves on separate holders, I keep stopping to count stitches.  At near maximum stitch count the row are slow going.  But the pale blue blob is slowly growing.
Wish me luck.


No comments: