Tuesday, September 15, 2009

List of Nines--Part 7—Books and Book Series I Love

  1. My all time favorite is Gone With The Wind. I first checked it out in seventh grade because it was the only one I thought would be big enough to last over Christmas vacation. Loved it long before the movie.
  2. Jan Karon’s Mitford books. Maybe being Episcopalian made this one especially interesting, but they touched my heart.
  3. Any and all of Elizabeth Zimmermann’s books. From Knitting Workshop, Knitting Around, Knitting Almanac and Knitting Without Tears. These books have opened out new pathways in my knitting experience and have allowed me to know there are no Knitting Police. She also has some great videos based on some of these books.
  4. Knitting Rules! By Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. Again, basic rules and no patterns. How liberating to knit this way.
  5. Bible. Need I say anything here? Changed my life, and always comforting. My favorite is my New International Version, with the Message a close second for just plain reading.
  6. Joy of Cooking. I love the recipes and the way it leads you to experiment and do things your way. After seeing Julie and Julia recently, I love it even more.
  7. Any of Agatha Christies’ mysteries. Miss Marple and all are wonderful.
  8. By Judith Viorst, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. A childrens book but fun and how I can relate to its theme that some days are like that, even in Australia.
  9. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. This Christian novelist takes a rather obscure story from the Bible and translates it to the time of the gold rush and makes it a wonderful story of love.

No comments: