Monday, September 8, 2008

Keeping Busy

I have been busy with my knitting recently. I still am waiting to block the Cinnamon Wave Wrap, but aside from that, it is DONE. I hope the revised craft room won't take too long to complete as Hubby and his brother Carl are ready to soon start on that project. I can tell that work will commence soon, Carl left bunches of tools here.


I also last evening finished the blue green socks that I have been working on for several months. This pair has always been a back burner project, but they are now ready to wear. I have to the pictures up on Ravelry soon. They are Cherry Tree Hill superwash merino. No nylon--I hope they wear well, but I usually wear sandals or clogs, so that does help the heels

So, with all that being done, it was time to start new projects. I am still working on the rose-green cardigan, just past the ribbing and stitch increases. Not enough of a change to post new picture. It basically looks like it did in the August 24 post.


I mentioned last week that I bought a couple skeins of Bullfrogs & Butterflies in Liberty colorway. (Lorna's Lace) I had planned to make another of the ever versatile Shape-It scarves when I discovered that there was a updated version of it in the book Scarf Style. It is called the Wear-As-A-Collar Scarf. It is more tapered after the initial point, and actually doesn't have a point but has about 10 inches that are flat. Here is the yarn and the scarf at this point. I only have a few more inches, then cast off and wear. I really like the way it looks with the colonial red, blue and creamy white. I wear a lot of those colors so I should be able to wear it a lot.

So, having cast off my last sock, I had to get some more on the needles. I have here some blue veil dyed wool/silk that I got from Arbor Yarns. Hand dyed and no teal, just a soft pure blue. On my size one dp Harmony needles--a wonderful hardwood set of needles. They don't look like much, but they only have about 2 or 3 rounds of ribbing. I am thinking about a small cable for this pair. but I have plenty of time to decide what to do.

Then, for a new challenge I have unraveled some of the yarn out and started knitting from my kool-aid sock blank. It is double stranded blank so I am trying to knit 2 socks at a time on a LONG circular needle. I have a 47 inch Harmony size 1 2.25 mm. The jury is out whether I like using the 2 at a time style or not. But it would be a real pain knitting this blank on double points--I would have to keep switching from sock to sock on 2 sets of needles, or wind off one ply, then rewind to bet back to the same end to knit the second. I will keep that though in mind while evaluating the 2 socks on 1 needle technique.
Whew. That really makes it look like I've accomplished a lot. I better quit and get knitting.

1 comment:

Angie J said...

Ooh I've been waiting to see how your sock blank knits up. I'm on my second one, and love the mottled effects I'm getting. My 3rd is dyed with stripes, and can't wait till I finish this pair to dye my 4th. I'm doing 2 socks on 2 circulars right now. A little bit slower knitting for me, but it's nice not to have to keep track of rows.