Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm Still Knitting and Spinning

I have still been spinning and knitting. I just haven't had time to blog about it. With the "construction crew" here and with me making "go-fer" trips (3 times to Menard's in 3 days!) I haven't had time to type about it is all.


The Rose Green (or Green Rose) cardigan is going strong, both pockets are done and on holders waiting for the body to catch up. I am maybe half way there. I am pleased with the way the sloped, although perhaps could have decreased a little more in the beginning. I have been estimating the stitches needed for sleeves and the cuffs. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I am hoping it won't be crap when I am done. But either way, I am enjoying the process. I lay it out on the picnic table and you can see I have a way to go to fuse the pockets and the body yet. Tom Kitty seems to think it looks pretty good. And tasty too.

A few weeks ago I shared my first roving from the Spunky Eclectic club. I finally started spinning at guild last Friday. I have about one ball finished and have this much. Probably will have not quite 2 full bobbins when I finish the whole bag. It has some more purple, but right now it is buried in the middle of the bobbin. I hope to get some more done. I have several bits I plan on taking with me this week to the Lamb and Wool festival in West Branch. Jane needed me to drive her up and we decided last week to leave Friday evening instead of at 4am Saturday. In addition to my Joy, I will also have either my sweater or a pair of socks along with me. I'll be sure to also bring a drop spindle, maybe an empty one so if (IF?--when) I get some fiber at West Branch, I can start to play with it. Maybe my Turkish spindle would be fun to play with. I haven't spent a lot of time with that.

No comments: