Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cardi progress.

I have still been knitting up a storm and have about doubled the size of the rose green cardigan, but that still only makes it about 4 inches long.  I have been comtemplating pockets and how I want to make them.  I had thought about adding them by knitting the width of the pickets in wast yarn that I could later pick out and knit in the pockets.  Now I am considering picking up the stitches like I do for the pockets for a Wallaby sweater and fusing the top with the body of the cardigan to make slide pockets.  The front edge of the pockets could then be fused when I pick up stitches along the front body and neck for the button band. 
Hmmmmm.  This is fun making it up as you go along
I did go to Newaygo yesterday and made got the rest of the single ply yarn I needed for a shawl pattern I picked up in Charlevoix.  I am using a black/brown Boku and it needed about 250 yards of a solid.  I found a soft light brown that is wool/llama blend instead of the wool silk blend of Boku but I think it will look great together. 
And I thought my cute little great-nephew may need a cardigan with cool weather coming on, so picked up some Encore wool/acrylic blend in a spunky blue/green color to make one for him.  I am not above bribery to get a chance to get my hands on that little "punkin".  Of course if he comes up, I will have to maybe beat my sister in law off to get a chance at him! 

No comments: