Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Going With Green, With Backup

As I said in yesterday's post, I have resumed kitting the Green Flowy Cardigan.  So far it is just a few rows of seed stitch.  I think, once I finish the seed stitch band at the bottom, I will need to add a few extra stitches to accomodate the cables.  I won't need to make any other adjustments I don't think because the cable will continue up the front and over the hood.  Since the cable will pull in stitches, I think it would be wise to add an extra stitch or so to counteract that pulling in.   I have quite a few rows before I need to worry about that though.
No further pictures on that until I get to the cable and develop that a bit.   Any photos I take of that now will be just repeats of the back, just not as wide.  I haven't started the Oatmeal Vest yet, although the pattern is printed and ready to go.  Maybe it is because of the seed stitch borders.  I have so much seed stitch on the green sweater, that I want to wait until I at least get past the border on that before I start it on the vest.
I am still waiting on a picture of me wearing my Blue Blood Cardigan.  In the meantime, here is one on Gertrude.
I think I may need a new Gertrude.  I know I have gone down a couple pant sizes since making her.  She also has fallen down a couple times.  One of "the girls" is a bit dented.  Plus, I need to mark the waist and shoulders better.  I didn't think about doing that when I made her.  Now I have ideas for the improvements needed.  And you can see that she lists backwards.
Maybe it is time for a Gertrude workshop day again. 
I noticed that while I love the fit over all on this cardigan, there is a bit of a gap between the fronts.  As I generated the vest pattern, I realized that I had that built into the pattern.  The button band allowance takes off that much before the bands.  On the vest pattern, I made a zero gap, so the bands will overlap more.  Oh well, I probably won't button this anyway.

No comments: