Wednesday, June 11, 2014

There's a Time

Anyone remember the song from the 60's or 70's "Turn, Turn, Turn"?  It was by the Animals, I think. I haven't checked on YouTube. But the song was based on Ecclesiastes 3. "For everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven."
My knitting went like that yesterday.
I went with Hubby to get a set of tires in Muskegon yesterday. I took along my sock project and made a lot of progress on it. The yarn is from Yarn Hallow. It is a merino and tencel blend so it has a great sheen. the color is Spoumi and I love it. Bright and cheery.
If you look closely, the needle is positioned just above the ribbing. I ended up ripping back to the ribbing and starting over. No fault of the pattern or yarn. It was an user interface error. The textured pattern I chose didn't show up in the busy yarn. So rip it back and change to change plain vanilla generic socks. Much more suitable to this yarn.
All this happened after I had begun the lace bind off on the SWestie Shawl.
I loved how it was working,but after some analysis of the rows knit with the first ball, I was afraid I would run out of yarn before finishing. That's the trouble using stash yarn. This is a discontinued color of Gloss from KnitPicks.
So......
I deliberated some more after packing it away and this morning picked a shorter stitch count with a better chance of not running out of yarn. And once again I ripped.
I'm glad I didn't wait until I ran out of yarn.
Yes, there is a time for every purpose under heaven. That old Preacher was pretty wise.

No comments: