Saturday, June 21, 2014

Found Yarn. New Project

I mentioned the other day that I had frogged and reclaimed some yarn from a long languishing project.  I had even swatched for a new project.  The idea was for a new tee type top.  I debated over top down and bottom up.  I cast on for a top down tee, knit a few rows and then put it a way for the night.
After sleeping on the idea, this morning I ripped it back again.  But I knew just what I wanted to make.  I have cast on and am working on the bottom border.
I knew I wanted a lace project for me.  So I am going to use this for the bottom border of the sweater, instead of your typical ribbing.  I calculated that I need about 41 repeats.  I am on number 7 right now.  Needless to say, I have a way to go.  Once the lace is finished, I will need to pick up the stitches for the body along the straight edge.  Of course I need to add a bit of shaping as I go along.   It will be either a raglan or set in sleeve.
I had some qualms about starting another sweater for me.  I do have baby knitting to work on, both for grandnephew number 4, as well as for Little Whose It, my grandchild.  But after all, I did take finish two sweaters this year that were started years before.  Even if this lingers on a while, while I work on the baby knitting, I will have still whittled down the project pile this year.
No updates on the SWestie shawl.  I hope to block it on Monday and will post official finished pictures after that.

No comments: