Saturday, November 17, 2012

Just a Little Bull

Since there has not been a lot of progress on the Red Rover Shrug, I thought I would share a picture of Speckles, our new bull.  The old bull has gone to a nearby Amish farm, to frolic with some heifers for the winter.  We get one less mouth to feed.  They, hopefully, will end up with some red Holstein calves in next summer.  After he comes home and makes up with his girlfriend here, he will be sold to another farm.  After that Speckles will be able to have his turn.  That fickle cow.
Not quite sure what breed Speckles is.  Sort of like a red Holstein, but he has a beefy look to him.  Thick legs and neck too.   Any ideas as to the breed?  Of course as always, Lizzie thinks we got him to be her playmate.
Still about seven inches of 1 X 1 ribbing on the shrug before I can double the stitches again.  Leonardo thinks he is a great help.  The reality is, not so much.  So while he is sleeping, I think I will go knit now.

No comments: