Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Think I Have a Bad Case

I was just sitting here, reading some items on Ravelry and some blogs and right out of left field it hit me. A bad case of Startitis.
Now I know I have a consignment shawl I vow to finish before Labor Day. And a sweater for me, and a couple other shawls, and 2 pairs of socks on needles, and .....
Well you know how it goes.
But I just realized that Sunday (8/9/10) would have been Elizabeth Zimmermann's 100th birthday. In case some random non-knitter happens to read this, EZ is my knitting guiding light. Thanks to her I know there are no knitting police and I can knit fearlessly. She has been such an inspiration and changed me from a knitter to a Knitter. I love her and have all of her books, and 2 DVDs.
Can you tell I am a fan?
Anyway, I have found a pattern based on her circular PI Shawl that is an Anniversary edition using multiples of 8s, 9s, and 10,s. I. Must. Cast. On. I must. But, I will wait till Sunday, on her birthday. Now I need to decide which cone of yarn to use. Luckily I have a few. Maybe the Boysenberry.

No comments: