Thursday, August 19, 2010

And We're Off

I knew I had to start this. At least as far as a good travel project. I started my Featherweight Cardigan. This is one of the most recent patterns that has become the "must knit" project in the knitting universe. I didn't want to be the last to make one.
So, with a cone of blue naturespun fingering in the stash (stash diving to boot!!) in hand and the calculations made to up-size the pattern I cast on today. It is a good traveling project, top down raglan for a while, then just stockinette body until the hem area. I can decide later if I want to go with a rib or some other pattern for the edges and collar area.
But, yes indeed. I cast on and am off and running. Er, knitting.
And almost done with the fiddly work left on the marl yoke cardi.
And no, Evelyn, I haven't had any problems with my needles catching fire. But I do put them in the freezer at night.
NOT!

No comments: