Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fair Week

This week is fair week and for the first time in I don't know how long, I am missing almost all of it.
Part of it is the horrid torrid heat and humidity.
Part of it is the parking fee cost.
Part of it is that I work every morning and the parts I like to watch--hog show, beef show, dairy show--all are in the morning, and even though I work only 27 hours a week, all those hours are in the mornings.
I will be at the fair after work today. I'll change to shorts and bring cool stuff and try to survive until 9pm, when I can lock up the building.
I'm going to miss the action. I'm not even sure if Oldest Son is in the tractor pull or now.
But......that said.....

Hubby and Younger Son have spent every night there so far. I kind of like the time at home. Lots of knitting, blogging and staying cool.

1 comment:

oak haven alpacas said...

I haven't made it over there either. The heat is awful. I keep thinking if I walk there, no parking fee :) but to walk, then hang out there in this humidity, not fun.