Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Knit Nite

Last night was Knit Nite and we had sock knitters galore. Even though none of us were Sock Summit attendies, we had socks aplenty going.

Flo was back and helping Nancy with her first sock--She was starting the heel. Flo was knitting Christmas socks I think. Gifts anyway.
Carolyn and her sister joined us for the first time. Carolyn had succumbed to the sock fever and was working on her first pair.
Kelly came back too. But in preparation for her first socks, she is still trying to master knitting and purling. I asked Flo to help so she didn't learn my backward way. (Or as I prefer to think of it, the improved Allen Family method.)

I was the only odd ball, because I had started the previously posted spiral scarf and was working on that and on the 16th block on my Wrap Me Up Shawl.

Sandy was on vacation yet and Mary was having family from out of state. Once Rachel can get back in the groove we will have a good group.

4 comments:

My8kidsmom said...

I'll be back, I promise!!

Ann T said...

Hi! I was just trying to find help online while knitting block 16 of the WrapMeUp Shawl, and I found your blog. I read some; sounds like you are in MIchigan. So am I, but downstate.

Sounds like you have fun knitting, and must be very experienced, unlike myself. I have knitted that first triangle of block 16, but am unsure if I am supposed to continue the instructions for row 1 of the Center Triangles on those 40 stitches, or am I supposed to start a new triangle/new cast on? I think the first--use the 40 is correct, because kfb and ssk are decreases, right? If you can help I would appreciate it! Thank you, and keep having fun knitting! I am too! : )

Linda said...

I don't have my pattern handy but from your description I think you are correct to use the 40. The Kfb is an increase, knitting into front and back of a stitch. That and a ssk will cancel each other out as far as stitch count is concerned. You will, if I remember, work short rows. If this doesn't help, let me know and I will try to find my pattern.
Or message me on Ravelry, I'm farmmom there.

Ann T said...

Hi! I was just trying to find help online while knitting block 16 of the WrapMeUp Shawl, and I found your blog. I read some; sounds like you are in MIchigan. So am I, but downstate.

Sounds like you have fun knitting, and must be very experienced, unlike myself. I have knitted that first triangle of block 16, but am unsure if I am supposed to continue the instructions for row 1 of the Center Triangles on those 40 stitches, or am I supposed to start a new triangle/new cast on? I think the first--use the 40 is correct, because kfb and ssk are decreases, right? If you can help I would appreciate it! Thank you, and keep having fun knitting! I am too! : )