Monday, August 10, 2009

Fickle

I am such a fickle knitter. I recently started another project.

Well, I did have a good reason. I got a new 9 inch circular needle for socks and I have been wanting to try it out.
I have some new sock yarn from Joannes, a Deborah Norville collection called Serenity that has merino, bamboo and nylon. The jury is out on the needle. It is like knitting with toothpicks. slow going, but I am getting the hang of it.

And they could prevent another traveling knitting debacle like the one from this past Mothers Day. That alone is enough to make me persevere.

On another note, I received a pattern from a fellow parishioner after I helped them serve the lunch after her nieces funeral. It is a swirl shawl, knit in little medallions. I thought at first you would knit them and then sew together. But on studying the pattern, you join them as you knit. It takes sock yarn, so I may have to see if I can find some at Michigan Fiber Festival, or perhaps use some of my hand spun. I could alternate some of my multicolors by row and end up with a great shawl. It takes 1100 yards of sock yarn, and would probably need more of the homespun. I am thinking Mini Mochi would be great.

No comments: