Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Keeping Busy Knitting

I have been knitting on the Kyler's Kardigan for Luke. Nearly have the 2nd sleeve finished. I also cast on another pair of socks, using some of the new Deborah Norville's Serenity sock weight yarn. No pictures of that either. The main purpose in casting that on was to try out the new circular needle--size 1, 9 inch! I just knit in the round with no loops to worry about, and no worry of dropped needles in the car. After the Mothers Day car trip, I thought it would be a good idea to give these a try. I normally do not like the method of making socks on circs, but since this is in the round, with regular double points for the heel flap and toes, I thought I could possibly handle these. But they sure are little! Its like trying to knit with toothpicks!
I also have spent more time on the Wrap Me Up shawl. On block 16 now out of 22. This is the biggest block and it is worked separately and then joined. I am not looking forward to picking up exactly 173 stitches along one side of this and the side of the shawl where this fits in. Especially since the contrasting color it calls for there is a loose twist and slightly heavier yarn. But I am very pleased with the progress.
And I also was able to locate where in my craft room I had stowed the shawl I knit to donate to church. All I need to do is block it. It was the Cinnamon Crest of the Wave pattern in worsted weight wool. Soooo warm and cozy. Maybe I can get it blocked out before the next Saturday supper, if they want to set it out for a raffle or something.

No comments: