Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some Days are Better than Birthdays.

You know, the day after a birthday can be almost as good as the actual birthday. 
When I got to work today, there was a voice message from hubby, wishing me happy birthday.  Only a day late.  I think he was feeling guilty because he was gone most of the day late yesterday, at the weekly livestock auction.  
I got a card from my fellow employees with 2 coupons for free snacks in the staff lounge. (Ususally they only give one, but I got a bonus for getting it a day late.) 
And, Sandy's hubby came in with her usual Tuesday bunch of flowers, and he had a bunch for me too!  The card said "One of us remembered your birthday,  the other one just kinda lives in the house and doesn't know whats going on".  While he claimed to be the one who remembered, I know better. 
And oh yes, the toe cap was a huge success.  Warm toasty toes Sandy says.
 

No comments: