Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Lady is in Time Out.

Ya know how it is, when your inner knitter keeps telling you something is not going right?
After Easter when I decided I could once again pick up the February Pink Lady sweater and start working on it, I got that nagging feeling when I went back to the sleeve. The pattern didn't look right. BUT did I pull out the pattern, or the card that I had written out the lace pattern? Nope. My outer knitter knew what it was doing.
I went on for a few more rounds and still the recent rows didn't match the body lace rows. Humph. I rummaged in the knitting bag and found the pattern card.
Oh oh.
Yup I had the lace rows memorized perfectly, except for the fact that there is a plain knit row (when knitting around) between the lace rows.
How did that happen? I thought back. The previous time I had worked on the Pink Lady was Knit Night. Not the best time for concentration in knitting.
Soooo, I had about 4 inches done, in lace, all done wrong.
I did not want to frog it back, because I couldn't find the correct stitches to pick up. (I tried. And cried.)
So.....I TINKED 4 INCHES OF LACE, IN THE ROUND. FOUR INCHES!!!!! STITCH BY STITCH!!
As a result, the February Pink Lady is resting in time out for a while.

No comments: