Friday, March 18, 2016

Reviewed and Ready

This past week was the week of the Board of Review where people with complaints about their property taxes can ask to have their assessment reviewed.

I am part of that board.

This year was a fairly quiet year on the board: The usual "my taxes are too high" with no documentation to bolster their claim, a few with facts and figures, and this year, lots of time in between people. And even a little knitting and some euchre games. Nothing like last year when rising farm land prices caused an up tick in assessments. And complaints!

There are a couple other times when we may perhaps need to meet briefly, but for the most part we are done till next year.

While I was there, I asked about casting a write-in presidential vote. May be harder than I hoped. In order to be counted, I must be voting for a certified write-in candidate. Darn. But I was asked to work the elections too, in August and November!

More fun times.

Meanwhile, at home, Lewie is preventing much knitting from getting done.

No comments: