Saturday, March 5, 2016

Look at Me Crochet

Well not actually look at me, but I can show you progress from my class today with a crochet sampler scarf.

The yarn is, as you can see, a worsted wool superwash. Wool because then I can stand to knit it. I am a yarn snob after all. And superwash because I think I will be putting it into the gift box and it probably won't go to someone who wants to mess with hand washing.

The pattern is a simple repeat of three basic stitches. I am working on the scarf and should have enough yarn left for the fingerless mitts to match.

I think I am getting the hang of it. I discovered I was wrapping the yarn around the hook wrong. And the wavering sides I had when I tried crocheting before seem much better.

I just need to count stitches after every row.

So far so good. I will see how far I can get before the class on finishing next week.

No comments: