Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Forgotten Sweater

Well, I must admit, it wasn't really forgotten.  Just set aside.  As I mentioned the other day, I needed a no-brainer project for Knit Nite.  Not that the Old Shale/Feather and Fan is such a complicated pattern, but when you get to chattering away at Knit Nite, somehow, things can fall awry.
My Duchess of Cambridge was started back in August of 2010.  The Nordic Blue is prettier than shows in this picture.  It is from Nature Spun fingering weight on a cone.  It was originally just called the Nordic Blue Featherweight, but was renamed when I got up and knit during Kate and William's royal wedding.  It has mostly languished ever since. Since I was undecided on the finishing edges, it kind of put off working on it.   However, I am still on the stockinette portion, and have almost decided on ribbing for sleeves and bottom and possibly moss stitch or seed stitch for front and neck edge.  So I can continue to work on it again.
I had the Happy Wrap Vest along, just for the opportunity to get a good picture of it on the dance floor.  Again, between the texture and the rayon, it reflects the light in a funky way.  But in real life I am very happy with it.
And even with these two far from completion, and the black tee glaring at me, I have been comtemplating my NEXT project.
Can you say mohair boucle?  Wait till I get the chance to start that sweater.

No comments: