Saturday, June 29, 2013

Goodbye Google Reader

I read quite a few blogs. Some are knitting blogs, some political or news, several are genealogy related. My friends do some blogging, although many are just on Facebook now. I had discovered the best way to follow them all was to subscribe to them through my Google Reader app, on my phone and laptop. So I was a bit upset to hear, a few months ago! that Google was going to abandon their Reader. The deadline is in just a couple days now.

With Google Reader, I could add a blog that I enjoyed and all their posts would be collected in one place for me to read. It saved me from having a ton of bookmarks too. It was a great timesaver.

So with the death of Reader I needed a replacement. I also wanted one that would work with my iPad. I tried and rejected several. There were pros and cons on each. Finally I chose Feedly. It worked on Android and iPad.

Best of all, I was able to import my Reader feeds so I didn't need to search for each and add it.

I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to follow several blogs. It can also work for news feeds and has suggestions and a great search feature.

So goodbye Google Reader. Hello Feedly!

No comments: