Thursday, October 21, 2010

From the UFO Pile

What with Elizabeth Zimmermann's birthday, and my total fascination with her patterns, I was thinking about the Pi Are Square shawl that I started last year, in September, just before West Branch.  
You can see by the multitude of colors, it is quite a color riot.  I have been using the the mill ends I got on last years road trip to the Stonehenge Fiber Miller.  Mostly a fingering weight, with an occasional blog of a thick slub, you can feel the different types of yarn.  Some so very soft, others a little on the hardy side.  I had recently decided, although I had almost 2 balls left, that it was probably long enough.  Even without blocking.
I finished the row I was on and started on the I-cord sawtooth border that Elizabeth recommended in Knitting Around.   It is going quite well.  I am around the first corner and working across the back.
Don't think I have forgotten the other projects though.  The socks are being worked on sporadically and the second sleeve of Evelyn's Wallaby is about half done.  Once I get that joined to the body, it will all finish quite rapidly.
I also have been thinking about Elizabeth's Ribwarmer.  I got less "pithy" instructions from Schoolhouse Press and I think it will be on my start list.  I'll need an easy traveling project again, and it will be a nice winter wardrob stretcher. 
Time to stash dive, to see what I have.  Maybe I have some homespun I can use.

No comments: