Friday, October 15, 2010

Current Knitting Projects

While I am also still working on Evelyn's wonderful green Wallaby, I have some smaller traveling projects in active states of knitting.   From Wendy Johnson's book Socks from the Toe Up, I am making a Diamond Gansy sock, you guessed it toe up.  I used a short row toe, and next time, instead of going to 8 stitches, I will stop at 12 and knit back up.
Next pair I mean, not next sock. 
 The yarn I am using is some stash yarn, Knit Picks gloss, a merino/silk blend in Dusk.  It is going rather well.
And then this is more conventionally knit sock, in a great color called rose garden. 
 Plain vanilla sock, and again, I am a little farther than shown in the picture below, about half way to the heel.
Soft and squishy.
I am struggling not to start anything else.  At least until the wallaby is finished. 

No comments: