Sunday, May 3, 2009

Color Lessons


Yesterday (Saturday) I spent the morning and early afternoon at Chickasaw Farm. Rita from Yarn Hollow was giving a workshop on Color Theory.
We learned about colors, shades, tints, values, saturation, undertones and much more. I may be able to make sense out of my book colorWorks, by Deb Menz. Afterwards, we dived into her big bag of fiber to find colors to blend.
I found a cool yellowish green, a cool blue green, and a deep red with dark undertones and a lovely medium rose pink. I hand carded some and spun on a drop spindle. Then I carded the rest into a couple nice batts, using Angie's big Ashford drumcarder. I am quite pleased with the results.

I had a pleasant ride on my way home. I do enjoy listening to books on my mp3 player. I lean to the classics and British literature. Currently I am nearing the end of "Cranford." I'll need to download some more from the library soon.
And oh yes. I forgot to mention. I did buy some fiber from Rita.
And some of Angies' sock yarn.

No comments: