Saturday, March 15, 2008

Life on the Farm

Almost back. Sniffles are almost gone. I can for the most part survive without a box of tissues near by. And Hubby seems to be sleeping more, coughing less.
Farm news. Our first calf of the season was born. A robust black Simmental bull with a white blaze down his face and between his eyes. I don't know if I will be able to get close enough for pictures. He is only about 70 pounds, but a frisky thing. Every time Hubby goes out, he is bouncing around the pen or nursing, with his tail beating time as fast as he can. So only 3 more to go in this round until later in the summer.
Supposedly spring is coming. We had up to 50 degrees yesterday, but is much colder again today. Sunny though.
I have been plugging away on the pink shape it scarf. I haven't taken a new picture but will when it is done. I am in that stage where I need about an inch. Knit a humongous amount of rows/time, remeasure, and still need 7/8ths of an inch. Or at least it seems that way. Hopefully I will have that done today. I need to go back to the Lady Eleanor Entrelac shawl and finish it so I can start the Cinnamon colored one to raffle or sell for church.
I also need to find out where I could have put that water bottle cozy. Or I may have to fashion another. I will be using them more now, with warmer weather coming.

No comments: