Friday, September 4, 2015

Prayers for the Blue Line--And Beyond

Fairly late yesterday afternoon I posted on Facebook, and sent out a general email to my fellow parishioners. I wanted to let them know I intended to spend some time this morning in prayer for our embattled police and invited anyone to come who wanted to join me.

I was happy and somewhat surprised to have six others join me. Admittedly one came as we finished, but I didn't give a lot of warning.

We read through the office of Morning Prayer with extra intercessions for the country's police as well as the military and those innocent citizens in other countries in danger because of their faith.

We were more than just two or three gathered. We are not be able to physically reach and assist all these, but at least we can pray for them.

No comments: