Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Waiting No More

Yesterday, at long last, I was able to pick up my car, a 2007 Chevy HHR named Hharry and became mobile again.

Hharry became my best bud, as we finally were able to go grocery shopping and run some errands.

Mobility is wonderful.

While sitting at home this past week and more, I restarted the sock that I talked about. So now of course I can fret if it will be too small. Even when I get gauge, I always worry because they look small until you put them on. The pattern is Broken Seed Stitch. And it looks harder than it is.

The cuff is solid purple and then I switch to one row purple, one of Sonatina, a pink and peach swirl. But because the multicolor os knit in seed stitch. With the purple plain knitting, the sock has great texture and color patterning. I am not a fan of faire isle or stranded knitting. But because here you only work with one yarn at a time, it is a painless and easy way to get some fancy looking socks.

I do seem to be on a seed stitch kick lately. First Green Flowy, which I also spent time on, has large sections of the pattern. I have a pattern generated for an oatmeal colored vest with seed stitch borders ready to start soon. I think the baby sweater pattern I have ready has seed stitch incorporated, and now these socks.

Hope I don't get tired of it before I get done.

No comments: