Saturday, January 24, 2015

Socks! And More Waiting

I mentioned yesterday that I was frogging a newly cast on sock. I was concerned that my last couple completed pairs were a bit too large. I decided to reboot and start over casting on only 60, rather than 64stitches. I hope this will be enough of a reduction. It should make them about a half inch smaller around. I think that should make the difference. Hopefully all else will be equal.

So now I am back where I was before starting over. After a few more rows I can start the broken seed stitch pattern using a pink and peach tonal yarn on alternate rows. Then I can settle those into being brainless knitting, when the need arises. Perhaps I will put them in the rotation as car knitting and try to finish the current pair. Or not. I will need to ponder that a bit.

And the waiting? Well, my check came, after the dealer was closed for the day. (Grrr!) So more waiting. But at least now, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hharry will soon be here at home.

No comments: