Monday, March 15, 2010

(Yawn!)

That time of year has rolled around again. The first of two times when the government in its blessed little interferring way, once agains wreaks havoc on us by messing with our minds, body and, yes, even our health by playing with the clocks.

THE TIME CHANGE.

I refurse to call it Daylight Savings Time because it doesn't save daylight, merely shifts it around. When I was a growing farmgirl, I know dairy farmers were greatly inconvienced by this time shifting business. People may know enough to get up early, but try talking to Momma Cow. Gets her off her schedule and decreases production (and hence, profitability) for several days. When I was teaching, you had a week or so of cranky kids who were not adjusting. And in my later years as an office worker it had the same consequence with co-workers.

I may have mentioned it before, but I HATE the whole concept of Daylight Savings Time. When the sun isn't even overhead until 2pm or later, it is just too out of sync.

My feelings are--if those East Coast folks want to have more daylight to play around after work, just change their work hours, not everyone's lives.

At the risk of sounding redundant---I HATE THE TIME CHANGE!!

No comments: