Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Purple Yoke Sweater

Time for an updated picture of the purple yoke raglan sweater. There has been a lot of side knitting, with Angela's shawl, but now I can concentrate on this. Maybe I can finish another sweater before the snow birds venture back home. I think I have at least a month.
I haven't had time to come up with a fancy name for it yet. Maybe marl yoke sweater, how does that sound?

I have about 9 inches knit so far. The stripe is 4 rows of my handspun marl yarn. When I get to about 11 inches from bottom, I plan on adding pocket stitches in waste yarn. Then when all is done, (or when I feel like a challenge.) I can unravel the waste yarn, pick up stitches and knit a couple pockets.
I put on my Old Jeans blue sweater and measured the perfect pocket position on that and will just carry over to this.

No comments: