Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Two Weeks and Done

The June Nursing Shawl, aka Angela's shawl was finished during the race Sunday. Weaving in ends a little later, but fairly early in the evening. Lately that doesn't seem to be too much of a chore.

Knit in Knit Picks Shine Worsted, colorway Ebony, size six needles, and 7 for the ruffle. It is sooooo sooooft. I love it. The ruffles at the bottom are especially nice.

Gertrude modeled for pictures. It does look small on me, but my sister-in-law tried it on when I dropped it off. The shawl fits her wonderfully, better than on Gertie. Angela is even narrower in the sholders so it should work fine for her. She should be up for Easter to get it.

And speaking of Gertrude. I have been asked by my friend Sheila (one of my friends with sheep) to do a Make Your Own Gertrude workshop some weekend at her shop. You may remember when I first made Gertrude, November of 2008. We will compare calendars this Saturday at a Knit In/Spin In in Big Rapids so we can set a date.

It did take a while for me to be able to look at her comfortably, but Gertrude is the best for making sweaters and shawls. Easy to try on for size. I can see it better on her than on me.

Plus she doesn't complain when I take her picture.

No comments: