Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Little Project

I thought I would show a picture of the little MP3 pouch I whipped up last Friday before our trek to Knit Michigan. I needed something that would secure the cable better as well as be able to hold the player and ear buds.


I cast on 28 stitches of Shepherds Shades in a pale pink. Using size 4 DPs, I knit top down in stockinette, except for a eyelet row of "YO SSK" around. When I deemed the pouch to be long enough I started decreasing. I debated grafting, but I wanted a rounder bottom. I decreased like a star toe on a sock, starting with K2, then SSK around, knit a row then K1 SSK, etc. Drew the tail through the last 7 stitches and secured inside. A couple crochets chains for the drawstrings, and I was done.


It came in handy for the trip to Knit Michigan, as the back of the van was quite noisy on the expressway and I was able to listen to most of The Scarlet Pimpernel.

I also found time yesterday for purchasing some buttons. The wooden ones could be reversible, I have them laid out to show both sides. Right now I am leaning toward the burgundy ones I think.....
As you can see, I love to knit with plenty of markers. I have about 10 more rows to the eyelet increase row. Then I will have to run a lifeline along the stitches to try it on for length and width.

Well, back to knitting.
Oh, and did I mention this is Speed Week? Daytona 500 in just a few more days!

1 comment:

Angie J said...

When I do my little amulet pouches that's how I do the bottoms. I think they look much nicer. Did ya think about maybe doing a cord you can hang around your neck? Then you won't forget it somewhere.

For the buttons, I really like the lighter buttons.

I'm finally knitting with some of my hand spun. An Alpaca/Shetland blend. Designing a bag that can hang on my side and hold a spindle and some fiber for travel and walking purposes.

Still in awe of your Rose-Green Sweater.