Monday, February 2, 2009

Finally DONE!!!

I finished the rose green cardigan today, ends woven in and buttons on. It may be a bit long and the button band may have had too many stitches picked up, but I still love it. I will be wearing it tomorrow and hope to have pictures taken at knit nite. Plus, I have to brag to my fellow workers at the library.
And now, onward with the February Pink Lady, using the yarn I showed yesterday. I am using needles 2 sizes too small, but the gauge is still slightly bigger than called for. But I did some number crunching and even though the gauge is larger than called for, so am I. I think my gauge will up-size it enough to fit perfectly and then I just have to watch the length. I like the 3/4 length sleeves and being a top down sweater, I can keep trying them on until I get them right.

1 comment:

Angie J said...

Hey Farm Mom, Have you checked out the Knitting Fool Calculator for Top Down Sweaters? It's what I use for mine. Right now I'm frogging on several projects and think I'll start my yearly February Sweater.