Monday, November 24, 2008

Knitting Updates

I still haven't finished Luke's cardigan. All I have left to do now is weave in the ends and, of course, close the underarms. I plan to actually graft them, instead of doing a 3 needle bind off like I usually have done.

I WILL have it done by the end of the week when I will do a hand off to the Grammy and Grampy for the delivery. I also will be giving my nephew his helmet liner. In less than a month he will be heading for Afghanistan.

I had planned on starting my Wrap Me Up Shawl next. I already had all my yarn picked up and sorted out. I had bought some Plymouth Boku when Jane was clearing out some of her yarn lines. I have a bunch of colorway 60--a brown black blend and some tan colored Pastaza--a great wool/llama blend. I guess it is bumped back a little in the queue. Probably I decided I wanted to do something different, since Rachel already has one, and Jane and Sandy are both working on it at Knit Group.

I also planned on finishing my rose-green cardi first, before starting anything new. However in a moment of weakness, (new yarn fumes overcame me--I swear) I cast on for a new shawl. The pattern is in a book I have had for some time--Wrapped in Comfort and it is a feather and fan pattern called Bigfoot Shawl. I started it last Friday and am almost done with the first pattern and will be increasing stitches one more time and then starting the largest pattern chart. It is a feather and fan pattern which is one I love. The yarn is a lace weight shetland and a soft Rosy brown.

No comments: