Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lamb & Wool Festival

I wanted to wait until I had a chance to upload some of my photos with this post, but I'm not sure when I will have time to do that. So I just wanted to say that I had a great time. I had not planned on going but since Jane needed me to be the designated driver I happily agreed to go.
And I want to say for the record that the Welcome Motel was a very nice motel--a family run operation, clean, and we even had fresh flowers in the room. We couldn't believe that they were real, until we tipped the vase and felt the water.
We unloaded most of our stuff at the fair grounds on Friday evening after arriving and then set-up Saturday morning. Since there were 4 of us, I had plenty of time to check out the other vendors. Probably too much time, as I did some hefty fiber shopping. I found lots of roving, and concentrated on fiber I haven't tried, I got some silk blends, some buffalo blend, and some more of the fabulous Raspberry Bunnie--the same batch as the ball I got in Allegan. I ended up needing to send it back with Rachel, as our van was very full.
And of course, my favorite and nearly last purchase was Sadie, a beautiful little12 week black satin angora bunny. I hadn't planned on replacing Mocha, but my friends practically forced me to purchase the little honey. She is very tame and used to being handled. I hope we can get along much better.
One nice thing about this festival at West Branch was getting to know vendors. I have a couple that I purchased from (Yarn Hallow and Yarn or a Tale) that I found on Ravelry so I will have easy access to their fiber after this.
Great weekend. Fun times.

No comments: