Saturday, April 12, 2008

New Addition and Knitting Besides

I wanted to share a few pictures of our church construction. My aunt's church has just finished, or is in the process of finishing their new South Campus. Our plans are not nearly so grand. but I did manage to get a few more pictures of the walls going up. There are even more pictures on the church website: here . Just find the button near the bottom for building program. It will be nice to have the parish hall and bathrooms and everything all on one floor. While not an old church, it was built before there was such a thing as handicapped accessibility to be considered.

I have been busy reading and knitting and trying to watch NASCAR races. This is a bad weekend for me on that front. No truck race, and the Nationwide and Sprint races are/were both night races. I really did try to stay up for more than 1/3 of the Nationwide race last night but when it doesn't start till about 10:00 pm, I just can't do it. I guess I will probably have to catch the rerun that I think plays on Thursday afternoon.


I have been working on the Cinnamon swirl shawl to sell as a contribution to the church new kitchen fund. I decided there was more of a deadline for that one than for my own Lady Eleanor Entrelac. Although that one is big enough to fling around my shoulders while I knit, I want to be able to sell the other in time to help the kitchen fund. I have been working on it off and on for a couple weeks now. Here is a picture taken this morning. I designed it myself : 3 border stitches on each side in garter, cuz I really hate using a slip stitch salvage
salvage edge. And the middle is several repeats of "Crest of the Wave" stitch pattern. I just got my blocking wires so when it is done, I will be able to stretch it out and make it just lovely. Here is another shot. It is a close up of the pattern and trust me, blocking will bring out the lace more. I like the way it scallops and the waves of garter rows between lace rows do help it live up to its name. I am thinking of calling it the Cinnamon Wave Wrap. The yarn does look more like cinnamon and less like peach in real life.

No comments: