Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Finished Tee and More

Gertrude truly enjoyed her chance to wear the Blue Henley Tee. So did I. It is very comfy and warm. The sleeves come just to my elbow and are the perfect length.
I am plugging away on the black Northern Lights Shawl, although it is slow going. Every row is patterned, even if only ribbing. And it is not charted, only written. Even though the repeat is only 6 stitches, I still prefer the charts. So since I have to carefully keep track of the row I am on, I am going quite slowly.
So slowly, in fact, that I have been mulling over new projects. Again. For a while I had no travel knitting. My latest simple socks were waiting for gusset stitches to be picked up. The triangle shawl was patterned, although charted. The Duchess of Cambridge sweater is easy, but bulky for travel. So of course my thoughts were turning to new easy patterns.
Of course I have vowed not to start anything new till after the new year. And I will be spending another year trying to clear up some of my WIPs. But in the meantime, here are the plans January 1st.
This is a bit over 2 1/4 pounds of handspun brown shetland and white lambs wool. I spun it for a recent Tour de Fleece. I am thinking this may work better for a shawl collared sweater than my previous choice.
The yarn I bumped from the shawl collared sweater is this.
Again, I think there is a bit over 2 pounds. This was gifted/earned when I made a custom shawl for me. It is also payment for a future project, probably another sweater. I hesitate to use it until I have fully done the work it is payment for. But right now, this is what I want to use for the Sporto hoodie, from the latest Knitty. I can use the yarn plied with white for most of the sweater, and the darker, plied on itself for cuffs, bottom band and possibly the pocket.

No comments: