Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Choir of Christmas Carols

Having a bit more time on my hands lately, I of been doing a lot of knitting and watching tv.  And in the past month have viewed a wide assortment of "A Christmas Carol".  A veritable choir of versions.
Versions with Reginald Owen,  Alastair Sim, Albert Finney.  Even Disney's animated version with Jim Carrey.  The only one I would have liked to see was the Muppet version.
And realize too, that I saw White Christmas (twice), Holiday Inn, Christmas in Connecticut, The Man Who Came to Dinner, Holiday Affair, It Happened on Fifth Avenue, and many other movies with a touch of Christmas.  But it is the Christmas Carol movies that most touched me this past month.
Each has a different twist.  And whole I gained new appreciation for the Reginald Owen version, my favorite is still Alastair Sim's version.  Closer to the book.  Oh yeah, I read the original this month too.
And don't even bother with the Disney/Carrey version.  For animation, it is too graphic, in a pimply faced kind of way.
But as they all end, so will I.
God bless us.  Every one.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

The Alastair Sim version is also my fave. :)
And the Muppets of course, I haven't seen the Jim Cary version yet, was it any good?
Have a great New Year.