Tuesday, December 13, 2011

And the Winner Is...

The black kid mohair shawl from the depths of the WIP pile.  This was started way before I heard of Ravelry, back in February 2006.  It has been gnawing at the edge of awareness, earning its place on top of the rotation.
The pattern is Northern Lights Shawl by Marla Mutch.  I took a workshop on it at the first Knit Michigan marathon and made a sample there.  But due to the combination of black mohair and other projects, it had hardly been touched.
It also has a ruffle formed by dropped stitched.  That is where I have been since last night, dropping stitches in grabby mohair.  Ugh.
And yes the blue Henley is finished.  Gertrude is enjoying now and I will take my turn tomorrow.
In the meantime, here is a shot of my northern lights shawl.


No comments: